Wednesday 16 December 2015

Beauty dish technique













here we experimented using the beauty dish. This is a big silver disc that is attached to one of the lights and then to the flash this creates such flattering effects to your images creating soft light that sculpts the light. with these images i only used the beauty dish however a soft box could of been used if i wanted to lighten the dark shadows but in a soft way. I really liked the way beauty dish made my images looked as they are very flattering and have a lot of dimension to them also the shadows and highlights are very clear and strong. This kind of lighting would be very good for product photography the images are very appealing to the eye. If i was to do this again the i would add another light such as a soft box so the shadows are not as dark. I think these images are very successful as this was the first time I used a beauty dish and I am really happy with the results I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment